An earlier survey by Residents’ Association Meerhoven showed that there is a need among senior citizens for help in using smartphones, tablets or computers. Therefore, Residents’ Association Meerhoven will start a series of Digicafé meetings after the summer of 2022. During these meetings, young people from the neighbourhood will act as digicoach to help seniors with the use of their smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Here are some details of the setup::
- Dates: From mid-September 2022, usually in the evening.
- Location: The Blinkerd or the Hangar.
- Consultations in small groups by appointment.
- A board member of Residents’ Association Meerhoven is always present.
- Everyone brings their own stuff (smartphone, tablet, laptop and paper for notes).
Are you between 16 and 21 years old and would you like to help elderly people in the Meerhoven neighbourhood with the use of their smartphone, tablet or laptop? Then we are looking for you! You get a free training to become a digicoach. The training lasts two half-days: once on Saturday afternoon and once in the evening. Interested? Then fill in the online registration form for digicoaches. We will then contact you.
Do you need help with your smartphone, tablet or laptop? Then register now for the Digicafé Meerhoven using the online registration form for seniors. Not able to do it yourself? Let someone else fill out the form for you. As soon as the exact dates of the Digicafe meetings are known, we will contact you.