The Bosrand – the road that lies along the southern edge of Bosrijk and connects the neighbourhoods of Zandrijk and Grasrijk – is still designed as a temporary road. The municipality of Eindhoven is now going to finalize the layout of this road.
The municipality has made a preliminary design for this. The principles for the preliminary design were discussed earlier with a representation of residents’ associations in Meerhoven.
The design includes the following measures:
- Parts of the pavement are laid in a different motif (herringbone instead of a half-brick connection). This has a positive effect on the noise level caused by traffic.
- Grass concrete stones are laid on both sides to prevent the verges from being broken.
- Speed bumps are adjusted to suit Meerhoven.
- The narrowings are adjusted. The free passage for cars remains 2.40 meters.
- Replacement/adjustment of lampposts.
- Planting green on either side of the road (at residential cluster 18 more green will be planted along the Bosrand in a later phase)
The municipality wants to give residents the opportunity to respond to the “Preliminary Design Bosrand” within two weeks. The design can be seen on the website www.eindhoven.nl/bosrand (in Dutch).