Reports and complaints

waterrijk-straatbeeld-03For matters like faulty street lighting, bad road surfaces, litter, clogged drainage and weeds, it is best to contact the municipality directly. This can be done by phone (14 040 or 040 238 6000), by e-mail () or via the BuitenBeter app ( – not availabe via the MeerhovenApp). If your report does not lead to a satisfactory solution, please contact the residents’ organization that is active in your neighborhood. You can report lost or lost items via the site

Local police officer Erwin Melis can be reached by telephone via 0900-8844 or via the contact form. Is your report urgent? Always call 112.

Also see below for some useful links.


Via the BuitenBeter app you report a problem quickly to the municipality.
Verloren-gevonden-voorwerpenLost and found
Report, search and find lost and found items
Stichting-MilieuklachtenStichting Milieuklachten
The national environmental complaints website for anyone who wants to report an environmental complaint.
Samen op de hoogteSamen op de hoogte
Website for submitting a report on a specific civil aircraft or about disruption caused by air traffic at a certain time.
(Not available via the MeerhovenApp The app only supports safe sites with the https protocol)
Politie logoDeclaration or report
Website for declaration or reporting to the police.